change deadrise

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ezyl74, May 23, 2009.

1. ezyl74

ezyl74 Junior Member

My lack of vision comment was not directed toward you sorry if that was your preception. If you are scrapping that boat I will come get it to rebuild! I think there is a need for kit builders out there. I think that some have done a very good job with popular boat designs. Mine however is not that popular and a new boat would hae had to be designed and was not cost effective.

2. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

I didn't take it that as a negative toward me..I was however, trying to clarify my version of 'vision'. The 43' aluminum power trmaran that we built was unique and a 'one off'..and it was still a fairly easy build from scratch. Put another way..were I building what you are (completely new bottom and major superstructure reconfiguration), I'd bet at least 5 bucks I could build the same boat as 'new' rather than reusing what would still be left from the Marinette hull with all those mods. But then..I'm discounting the cost of the design effort and I have no idea what that part entailed for you either.

In any event..enjoy the project.

3. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

That much aluminum in a small pond or lake with a limited flushing rate and possibly a path into groundwater systems may result in pollution. Please check the environmental impact first if you have not already done so.

4. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

Not my quarry. Its aparently already full of sunken equipemnt...just no boats. They were looking for an aluminum or steel boat..suitably stripped to nothing but metal left. They found one.;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.