CE Owner's Manual

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by YD Marine, Dec 28, 2014.

1. YD Marine

YD Marine Junior Member

A boat builder is producing 9,5m GRP boats.
    And selling the boat's hull and superstructure joined but not out fitted.
    No piping, no enginee etc. Just naked body.
    He requests me to prepare an owner's manual for the boat.
    I have prepared before for the finished boats before, but i am not sure what to write for an unfinished boat. Becouse i dont know how the buyer will outfit it.
    Shall i write a manual only for the body or shall the buyer will write it when finished. Thanks for your attention in advance.
    Best Regards.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Is what you are selling considered a boat, or parts that will be a boat when finished?

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The ISO 10240: 2004 standard discusses the Owner's Manual. Perhaps you find in it answer some of your questions.

4. YD Marine

YD Marine Junior Member

it is the main body of the boat. Can be considered as the boat.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

All important "parts" of the boat must have their ยท "User's Manual". Therefore, in my opinion, the hull must have a manual that will describe and certify the elements that compose it and how it was built. I guess ISO tell something about it.
    On the other hand, obtaining the CE mark requires that there is a boat project as a whole and that someone certifies the boat as a whole and ensures that has been constructed in accordance with the project.
    The certificate should also include data from the inclining test and stability calculations to be performed for the "prototype" of the series.
    All that said, I think you should prepare a description of the hull, how it has been built, laminates used, etc. and the lfinal seller of the boat shall prepare the User Manual, which should include the chapter writen by you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.