catamarn with stern drive engine

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by chaser, May 23, 2012.

1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

OK Mas, I'll buy a ticket to pontificate........ After the weight/engines breathing etc etc is checked
    1. the marina queen with the diesels sold off or put into another hullset & a couple of small, say 25-30 4/ outboards to cruise at houseboat speed seems like an easy option
    2. scab on a filler/wedge/chine arrangement aft & fill out around the legs allowing for steering of course & see how it runs
    3.Stretch the bow of the hulls with an elegantly blended Z bow, extend the hulls aft in an again elegant fashion(extending overall length) & refit the legs possibly with lower power & market it as a longer greener running choice............

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

& change the colour:rolleyes:

3. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

Now THAT is good news. Mick's has become somewhat unfriendly recently ;)
    (not really a detail of this thread, but at least it contains some trace-able FACTS :D)
    See you in town as soon as there was payday :D:D

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  4. liki

liki Senior Member

I also much wonder about the "professionals" in my profession. ... Especially in .ch and .in there are supposedly plenty of bsc/msc level professionals but still they continously fail to deliver better results than high-school level students here. In some cases this also holds for people who have actually studied in respectable universities abroad.
    Atleast a "study method" of just copying exercises and exam answers seems to be quite common there. But still, I really wonder what is the actual level of university education there.

5. rfleet1066

rfleet1066 rfleet1066

Education

My dog has a diploma, I do not. High school was wasting my time. But education does not necessarily come from brick and mortar institutions. I have spent my life around those who have knowledge that I want, and not afraid to ask questions. I steal with my ears. The result is a backlog of clients that stand in line to pay 6-8K per week. Our colleges and universities are overwhelmed with students that don't belong there and will receive a certificate that will only serve to dismay them with the lack of performance result. (You want fries with that?)

Just my unsolicited $.02

Ryland

6. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

Please ask your dog to call me. I may have a job for it.

Heh heh heeeeeeeh.

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Chaser gave up the chase, thanks a million mate for your co-operation.

8. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Jesus Wayne !!!!!

Looked at the pictures and didnt need to read any of the comments from any one !!
    1 ITS A HEAVY BOAT !!:eek:(它的一块砖头! !)
    2 ITS A LOW SPEED HULL SHAPE !!will never go fast even down a really steep hill with a 100knt tail wind !!!!:p
    3 EVEN WITH 1000 HP ITS NEVER GOING ANY WHERE FAST !!:mad:
    4 THE HULL SHAPE IS NOT FOR PLANNING AND NATURALLY IS GOING TO DIG ITS *** DOWN SO THE FASTER YOU HAPPEN TO GO THE WORSE IT WILL DIG !! Builders that even think of building that shape should have there little things squeezed along with the designer who should have his chopped off and made into a necklace to hang round his neck !!hes an id@&^*t
    5 ADDING STERNDRIVES IS A ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY BEYOND BELIEF AND TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY ,TIME AND EFFORT . ALL ITS DOING IS SLOWING THE BOAT WITH ALL THE ADDED WEIGHT AND ALL IN THE STERN WHERE 9/10THS OF THE PROBLEMS AREA:confused:
    THE SUPPLYERS ARE FRUIT CAKES AS WELL AND SHOULD HAVE RECOGNISED THAT THE BOAT WAS NEVER GOING TO DO MUCH .
    6 YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT UNDERSTAND BOAT DESIGN AT ALL !!!:((你需要了解什么使船去执行! !)
    7 I CANT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU GOT !!
    8 LOOK AT THE PHOTO AND SEE WHERE THERE ARE POSSIBLY 8 PEOPLE SITTING !! PEOPLE + WEIGTHT +IN THE STERN !!!!!
    9 CHINESE HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH FAST BOATS AND MODERN DESIGN AND HAVE SOME OF THE STRANGEST IDEAS YOU EVER SEEN !!!!
    Design , strength and lightness are things they are not used to and really dont go hand in hand in there way of thinking .
    If you want to make it go fast just keep adding horses !! stands to reason it must go faster !!!
    I DEAL WITH ALL THESE THINGS EVERY DAY IN MY WORK .

Its going to change and I HAVE SEEN tunnel boats appearing at the last Shanghai boat show AND THE SHOW BEFORE .
    I had the privelige of visiting a work shop not far away where an old guy has made and done development work of his own and raced up and down the canals with a merc 2.4 EFI straped on the back of his tunnel boat .

Simple advise is sell the boat and buy a go fast and stop wasteing your money !!:eek

(你为什么做这些蠢事? ?)

9. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

He must be related !!:mad:

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

:D well after all said and done - I did read all the posts

BUT

I would still like to see some pictures of the underside

unfortunately

anyway this thread was entertaining :p

11. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Enjoy

try not to take life tooooo seriously

Attached Files:

12. Mr Efficiency

Use of the the Chinese flag on that beleagured vessel could have had Chaser falling foul of the authorities, maybe he is incommunicado beyond his control.

13. Mr Efficiency

Oh, Chaser has edited out all the top secret pix.....too bad.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.