catamaran dinghy

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by northerncat, Jan 27, 2007.

1. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

i am reposting this here as i may have put it in the wrong forum
    i am looking for plans for a 10-11 ft cat dinghy, i want one for the following reasons i live in australia and like diving for crays on reef, in order to get in and out of the dinghy it needs to be highly stable, it also needs to be puncture proof which rules out inflatables due to the aforementioned reef and crayfish( i have seen the results of a cray and an inflatable meeting together) it needs to be 10-11 ft as it will be the tender for the easy catamaran i am nearly finished and needs to fit between my hulls comfortably, oh and it also needs to be light, you can check out my building effort here
    http://easycat.50webs.com/easy_cruising_general_029.htm
    sean

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

3. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

yes something like that but with plans
    sean

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Northern cat, we had a cat dinghy made of 2mm alu, it was great but only 2400mm long, we've also got a mold for one at 2300mm- not big enough for you. I reckon a reasonably cluey person could build a melamine faced mold for one at your required length- even a double ended half mold set up for a centre line join with a transom blank that you change ends with. Also from long memory a firm known as A-Glass used to make a 10' glass cat dinghy- they used to be in Taren Point/ Caringbah in sydney- but I don't know if the're around any more.Regards from Jeff:)

5. ukebert

ukebert blank

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.