1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Catamaran Project For Sale (epoxy, okoume, building, plans, FREE RENT!)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by CatBuilder, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

45' Kurt Hughes Partially Complete Catamaran located outside Jacksonville, FL.

Buy the entire partially complete project, with 18 months FREE RENT INCLUDED, or break it up and buy what you need:

*30' x 60' Farmtek Fabric Building with *Extra Roof Cover!
    *FREE RENT for 18 months!
    *50 Gallons of System Three Epoxy and Hardener ($35/gallon sold in individual gallons, or buy the whole barrel)
    *10 Sheets of 4' x 8' Okoume BS1088 Plywood
    *Complete Plans for Kurt Hughes 45' Bridgedeck Catamaran
    *A Completed Kurt Hughes Cylinder Mold

ALL IS FOR SALE!! MAKE OFFERS! ANY OFFERS!

PM me here or email at seansullivanjobs at yahoo

2. brenno

brenno Junior Member

interested in this design

As I am in Australia most of the material is a transport problem. But I have been looking at the plans for this design for some time and am aware of the labour required. would you be interested in selling them as a separate item

3. CatBuilder

Yes, brenno. Everything can be sold separately, including the plans. She's an absolutely fantastic boat. Very well performing and a good design.

The plans I have include:

*Full Kurt Hughes Plans for Boat (on large format drafting paper)
    *Full Size Cutout Plan for Cylinder Mold and instructions to build Cylinder Mold
    *Hull Construction Materials List
    *Complete Sail Plan and hardware specification (winches, running rigging, etc)
    *DVD detailing build method, tips and tricks (it's a movie)
    *CD-ROM with entire Construction Manual
    *Printed Construction Manual (from CD-ROM)

Basically, it is the entire kit sold at Kurt's site for the full plans. It is everything you could ever need to build the boat (except the helpers!) ;)

Please send me an email or PM to arrive at a price and to look into shipping. Email is seansullivanjobs at yahoo . com

4. brenno

brenno Junior Member

Kurt Hughs Plans

This is the 45' full bridgedeck Design in cylinder mold Construction. If so what are you looking at for the plans. My address is brenno58@gmail.com

5. CatBuilder

6. mkh8911

mkh8911 New Member

Do you still have the 45' Bridgedeck Catamaran plans for sale?

7. brenno

brenno Junior Member

Cat plans

No it was catbuilder that was selling the plans not me.
    Cheers

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Sorry that didn't work out for you Cat
    I'm sure that was a hard decision

I'd be real curious as to what changed your mind about the boat build
    best of luck in your next adventure
    B

9. CatBuilder

This is old news. It was from the old wood/epoxy build that failed. Full speed ahead on the. foam and glass version.

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ok I missed that one
    indulge me
    what failed and why
    might save me some troubles on my own build

11. CatBuilder

That was back in the early fall. I had been building a wood/epoxy catamaran like Charly's Kurt Hughes 36 Daycharter thread. I had a lot of the same problems he had, including splitting hulls on the fold up.

It was a stitch and glue type operation.

Also, one of the full hull size panels came out poorly bonded because my vacuum bag let go beneath the mold, where it was inaccessible to patch.

Add to all that the fact that I'm not a "wood guy" and don't like working with the stuff... and the logical conclusion was to start the build over in fiberglass/foam. I have the new mold up, I have some epoxy and balsa core (for the deck) in and am awaiting my triaxial and Core Cell.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out the best way to move around hulls and half hulls as I pull them from the mold.

Should be fully underway on hull production in about 2 weeks when the remainder of the materials arrive.

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I'll have to go read that thread and see what happened and what exactly is meant by "splitting hulls on fold up"

the vacuum bag issue seems pretty self explanatory but I'm not so sure what the exact issue is with "splitting hulls on fold up" how it occurred and how to avoid it should I decide to work with this method.

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

OK just read Charley's thread
    most informative
    thanks for the suggest answered quite a few questions

14. CatBuilder

Yeah, that's a great thread. It's like a roller coaster with a good ending for him. The track broke on my coaster. :)

Seriously, I didn't trust crossing oceans on the hulls I had. They were below my quality standards.

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ya pretty disconcerting to have so many failures long before any of the real stress comes into play. I'd be reevaluating a few things myself if I had so many fractures in the fold up process. One would think that the stiffness qualities of the skins would have been considered in the call out in the materials list so that such issues could have been avoided.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.