Detailed Plans for Flat-Bottom Boat?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Phil Patterson, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Phil Patterson

Phil Patterson Junior Member

I have never built a boat before and I want to make a basic one-person flat-bottom wooden jon boat for fishing on calm lake and river waters this summer. Since this is my first boat, I want to be really careful and make sure I do it right.

I have found various instructions online, but I can't seem to find anything that lists what materials I need, and the specific process I'll have to follow in any really detailed way.

Could someone point me to some detailed instructions with a required materials list for a beginner boat-builder's flat-bottom boat?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

3. Phil Patterson

Thank you, that's a good set of plans. I feel like a project like that is beyond my poor wood-working skills. I am looking for something very simple. Otherwise it would be great if it were a flat-bottom boat.

4. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Phil Patterson likes this.
  5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

@Phil Patterson , I have deleted the file from my previous post because I do not want to give it too much publicity but, if you define something better what you need, maybe I could generate the information of your boat with a level of detail similar to the one shown.
    We can exchange information through personal messages.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Where are you located?

7. Phil Patterson

I live in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Why do you ask?

8. Phil Patterson

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I have looked through your profile page, and I cannot seem to find any way to start a PM conversation. I did find my inbox page. Maybe it would be easiest to PM me yourself, and I can fill you in. I don't really have much requirements though. Something like this boat would be fine.
    [​IMG]
    This is the boat made in this YouTube video, and has detailed instructions, but, frustratingly, they don't provide a list of materials.
    Just to be clear, the instructions don't have to come in the form of a video. A series of drawings like something that would come with "build-it-yourself" furniture would be great too.

9. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

You do not have the right to start conversations through PM, probably, because you have joined this forum very recently. If you want, you can use my email: 657677483@orange.es
    What you are looking for seems very simple and I believe that I will be able to create the drawings that you need. Send me as much information as possible about your boat.

10. Phil Patterson

Alright, I sent you an email. Let me know what you think.

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I am in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, a bit far to give you a hand.

12. Phil Patterson

Hehe, that's alright. Thanks anyway.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.