cat software

Discussion in 'Software' started by bevan, Feb 8, 2004.

1. bevan

bevan Junior Member

i've designed a catamaran on graph paper and would like to put the measurements of the cat that I've designed on hull design software. can anyone give me any good hull design programs programs?

thankyou!!!!!

2. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

TouchCAD 3.5 allows you to scan in and import and accurately place scaled background images (pictures, scanned images, etc) that follow the 3D model when you zoom and pan. TouchCAD allows you to have separate pictures for the Front, Top and Side views and it displays the relelevant puicture when you change view. It is also fairly easy to trace the background images as the TouchCAD control points are located on the control curves. More info at www.touchcad.com

/Claes

3. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

Cat design

Bevan - is your design power or sail? What is your desire for the design software...performance or drawings?

4. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Hi Jimboat, besides the tunnels boats it is possible to do a propulsion study for monohulls?, and how reliable the results are?, i been wondering if is possible to do the performance study for monohulls as well.

Thanks

5. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

Analysis

Benan - Yes the performance analysis can be done for mono hulls (vee-bottoms) also. Although aimed more specifically for catamarans, my book Secrets of Tunnel Boat Design addresses both. Call me if you want to discuss - I'm happy to help.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.