Carter 37

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Chorus, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Toti1194

Toti1194 New Member

Merci; venez vous jamais en Italie? Mon 37 est à Rapallo, ce week end nous régatons entre Rapallo et l'Ile du Tino. A bientôt, j'espère.
    Francesco Gandolfi

2. Gilles Carter

Gilles Carter New Member

There seems to be some misinformation floating around that my uncle Dick Carter died in 2007- not so. He's in great shape and divides his time between Doughton Manor (which he has been restoring) in England and Falmouth, Mass. (The 2007 rumor apparently first appeared on a Sailing Anarchy forum but is total bologna).

As a kid I used to sail on a Carter 33 owned by Dick's brother John named 'Crocodile' and then a one ton by the same. The boats were always competitive!

3. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Give him our regards. It is always better to be on the grassy side of things.

Wayne

4. Miles

Miles New Member

Dear All,

I haven't been around here for a while but this has become the Carter 37 fanpage I see... Great to see your 37s are still being sailed properly.
    Also good to hear that Dick Carter is still in good shape!

Due to a few distractions like an underestimated house project, the Miles has rested ashore for the past few years and I fear I will not find enough time to get back to sailing for a few more years. So I am very much in doubt whether to start looking for a new proud owner. She is in good shape, but does need a fair amount of TLC.

If any of you knows someone that appreciates this beauty, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Guido

5. C Carter

C Carter New Member

Hello all,

I'm Dick Carter's eldest daughter. I'm glad my cousin Gilles 'set the story straight' about my father, who is alive and well and - yes - still sailing our family's beloved dinghy at the Cape! I will forward some of the posts and photos in this thread to my Dad. Good to hear from all of you!!

Catherine

6. Tanton

Tanton Senior Member

If you are a Carter's fan, please go to the Forum at:
    www.sailinganarchy.com
    Under: " Carter design boat"
    Tons of information and one of the best thread at the site.

7. C Carter

C Carter New Member

Just to add to what Tanton wrote: on the Sailing Anarchy website, in the Forums section, the thread (up to 62,000 hits to date) is called:

Dick Carter design boats

You can either search for it on the site or else, in the Forums section, click on "Sailing Anarchy" which will open a page of sub-forums. Scroll down the list and you will find the "Dick Carter design boats" thread.

8. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member