carlson design

Discussion in 'Software' started by kelp, May 2, 2010.

1. kelp

kelp Junior Member

I loaded Carlson but am unable to open the files that contain all the hull examples. The program is more than I need to design an aluminum 17' flat bottom skiff. Not very good with computers, this is frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help opening these files.

2. Dave Derave

Dave Derave New Member

Hi, make sure the files are in the same directory as the hull.exe

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

And do make sure to download all of the various aux files such as the .dll files that are right above the Hulls download on the Carlson page.

The files in question are right above the download under: Software Libraries, Drivers, and Utilities. The files you need are: apiguide.dll grid.vbx tips.vbx lfstatus.vbx resize.vbx cmdialog.vbx vbrun300.dll
    Just stick them into the same folder that you have the hull.exe file and you should be good to go.

You also might want to download the brief tutorial by Gavin Atkin. It will help to get you started.

4. kelp

kelp Junior Member

Thanks Dave and Chris,
    It seems to me that Iought to get my nephew to teach me something about files and directories etc. if I'm going to continue to use Carlson and maybe other design programs. I can see the light now. Thanks again.
    Dave

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.