cargo sail boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ironmatar, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ironmatar

ironmatar Junior Member

cutter rigged 75x15 total max disp 95-99t ..cargo 65t minmium 50 t steel hull something flushdeck like the Atalanta..really liked the pictures of her raceing.
    one of the b30 cat c18's for main engine power when needed but its supposed to sail 90+% of the time folding sheaf knuckleboom loader crane w pallet fork 5t i really like the idea of the cabins and sutch smoothed away inside the hull to begin with automate the rigging as mutch as poss. and its a viable working cargo boat for 2? surface drive aft and 360deg bow thruster cedar plank decking/interior including decking thicknes inner fitted planks between the frames waterjet cut steel frames out of plate going around gathering details from notes

2. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

What are ya talkin about, Dude?

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Sounds cool ironmatar, for island/international trading of value cargo, kinda like a taxi crane truck for water, how about some capacity to carry a couple of containers in a "well" deck too. All the best from Jeff.

4. ironmatar

ironmatar Junior Member

because of the rigging for a sailboat break bulk palleted cargo is only way to go 50t truckload fits a room approx 15x35 i thought about a 9x1 9'x81' radical boat but i want something like the boat i mentioned seeing in northwest yachting magizine
    based on a a big ocean racer
    that one is double masted though i prefer a cutter rig from looking at various types

5. ironmatar

ironmatar Junior Member

as far as a container job i have somewhere on paper a big cat w wells in the pontoons for up to 8 doublestacked 53' containers in 4 wells outboard 1 forward and aft each side of the main structural crossbrace 117' long x 65 wide 117' mast accomdations double flat deck w rear flybridge outside controls between the pontoons and a inside bridge around the mast top forward sloped bridge windows the upper deck is 75% of the lower one in area and is set 10% of its length aft overhanging the rear lower open deck area surface drives and 4-500 hp turbos desils for nessary powering about
    the wells will configure in any number of ways including basic bulk bin drop ins for the wells with partitions to prevent bulk cargo shifting
    double hulled pontoons as well

6. jim lee

jim lee Senior Member

.............. ,,,,,, !!!! ???? AAABBBCCCDDDEEEFFGGGHHIIIJJJKKLLMMNNOOPPQQRRSSTTUUVVWWXXXYYYZZZ

Here's some punctuation and caps, you can sprinkle them around your posts as needed.

-jim lee

7. StrandedMariner

StrandedMariner Steelboatsailor

8. ironmatar

ironmatar Junior Member

nice link there Stranded, thanks for the reminder im not a typist jim lee.
    most of these thoughts revolve around the central point that if your going to have a boat say more than 35'ish it should have a Job and be doing it not siting in marina's for months at a time and earning their keep instead of burning money.

9. Shack

Shack Junior Member

Burning Money

Ironmater,
    I ran into your old thread wile chasing a search on Dix Cargo 50. I'm interested at what you have learned about Cargo boats.:?: You have no contact info. I hope this trips your system and that you respond.

Thanks.