Cardinal 46

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by New Breeze, Nov 20, 2004.

1. New Breeze

New Breeze New Breeze

I am a brand new member who just joined due to the intelligent dialogues I have seen on this site. Congrats on a superior forum!

We are in the midst of "the search" for a boat to begin cruising the U.S. East Coast, and Caribbean. I seem to be locked onto the Cardinal 46, as it appears to offer tremendous value & capabilities for the $$. However, my internet research on this design has not yielded much, other than on Alan Warwick, the designer.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions/experience with this boat? Advantages, disadvantages, quirks, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Our sailing experience BTW, consists of 15+ years racing & cruising the Chesapeake. I own a 30' racer/cruiser for 6 years. Largest boat sailed has been mid-forties as a bareboat in islands. We are both under 45, physically fit, and excited about our "adventure!" ;-)

Respectfully,
    New Breeze

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.