Carbon Rotating Wing Mast

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by SouthernWing, Mar 23, 2005.

1. SouthernWing

SouthernWing Junior Member

I am looking for someone who has built a carbon wing mast. I wish to build my own for a 58 foot catamaran, 25 foot wide, I have narrow hulls 1 metre wide. The Catamaran could be considered more along the lines of a 48 foot Cat with extended bow and stern. I am looking for someone that could help me with the layup for the mast, 62 foot wing.

Phil Wise

2. Haji

Haji New Member

Seriously, talk to Ted Van Dusen at Composite Engineering in Concord, Mass.

Even other spar builders often have him do the engineering, he's really good. Also, with his large braiding machine (the best way to go to prevent splitting) and his capability to now machine custom mandrels for wing masts, you'd be crazy to go anywhere else.

Haji

3. SouthernWing

SouthernWing Junior Member

Carbon Masts

Thanks will look into it

Phill

4. petereng

petereng Senior Member

Hi Phil, How did the mast go? If your still looking for one it can be done here. Peter Schwarzel mast Engineer Qld 0408 681 932

5. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.