Capturing Wake Energy Without Drag ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Questor, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

2. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

4. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Man washing machines are fun ;)

I have this idea, you can fit a magnet inside the washing machine to generate electricity as it spins and compensate the energy being drawn in by the motor...

That way you can utilize zero electricity (aside from the initial power needed to run it ...)

Questor i will make a prototype zero power usage washing machine ....

5. wardd

wardd Senior Member

if the as current we use is returned to the generator why do we have to pay for it

not to mention are you getting new electricity or used electricity?

6. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

special electricity that has been recycled :p .... better grade too .... ;)

7. Questor

Questor Senior Member

The "when" of the prototype is both forever and never.Is a question of many unknown variables, some of which include point of perspective, abilities of perception, possible intersection of timelines and angle of intersection where intersection is possible. I'm a bit shy about showing it on this timeline because it represents such a poor transition of concept to aluminum.

Humility in the name of science has overcome my embarrassment. Although I am shy about showing it on this timeline, in the face of overwhelming resistance, I decided to reveal the prototype to unborn astronomers on other planets. As I wrote this I took a break and placed it on the lawn in front of the house. In so doing I failed another dummy test. In my haste to return to the keyboard I didn't place the prototype at an angle towards the sky from which its details could be studied by the unborn astronomers on unborn planets. That may explain why no time travelling astronauts have shown up yet to meet the creator of the prototype. The prototype has been placed at a proper angle for distant observation for about 10 minutes . I am now going to retrieve it and check for alien visitation.

8. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Zomg ....

Enjoy your ranting sir .... ur posts are a waste of my time ...

9. Questor

Questor Senior Member

There are now two mysteries to be solved. The first is that there is now a message written on the prototype that was not there before I changed the angle of the prototype in relation to the sky. The message is, " Don't give up ! ".The other mystery is that shortly after retrieving the prototype, an unexpected visitor showed up and gave me a gift of tobacco which is now sitting on the front porch near where the prototype originally rested. Within the contexts of my Pantheistic world view and Iroquian-Algonquian cultural and religious world views , the giving of tobacco is both a physical and spiritual action.

Via the medium of the two cigarettes I am now convinced that I have to better divide my time between practical research and hypothetical research- debate.As an hereditary medicine man I must also give thanks for the inspiration by performing a brief ceremony involving the placement of both a coin and tobacco near where the prototype originally rested.

After that I will be gone for some time as I attempt to locate Nickel Iron batteries in the local Industrial supply realm. Acquiring them is a tangible step towards the realisation of my Hybrid sport cruiser aspirations.

10. Questor

Questor Senior Member

I must admit that when I put the prototype out on the lawn for third party observation I was just having fun trying to generate personal vitality for the post I was writing. I wasn't taking into consideration that every action has both physical and metaphysical reaction potential.The arrival of the two cigarettes and the story that accompanied them was a huge wake up call for me. On the way out of the house I picked up the nickel that I had placed by the tobacco as a symbol. I picked up the nickel for three reasons .First, it had already served its ceremonial purpose. Second, I am so close to broke there was a real possibility that I may have needed it along my travels today.Third, was to give life to a prayerful hope that I would find a way of earning money to buy the batteries if I located them. The accessibility of these batteries is critical to all three threads I have started here.

I could spend the next 12 hours reporting on the successes of my quest across the city but I'm only going to report on the most valuable successes that may be of interest here.

I spent a fair bit of time at the counter of a company that has retail locations across Canada.I had to explain to a counter rep what a Nickel Iron Battery was , why I needed them and what mass of batteries I was hoping to acquire.During the time I spoke with him there was a techy quietly performing menial work in the background. I suspect that the work he was doing was personally demeaning to him and agony was written all over his face. He painfully wanted to enter the conversation but remained silent, anxiously hanging on every word. When the counter rep finally understood all the issues surrounding my quest he turned to the techy and asked " Do you understand what this guy is talking about " ? He nodded yes. The Rep then asked him, "Do you know the technology of these batteries and do they exist ? " . The techy again silently nodded yes. The Rep then turned to me and said, " I'm going to interrupt the manager on this issue." " He is in the middle of a National conference call with Regional Managers and a number of store managers across the country. " " The object of the call is to discuss new battery market potentials to add to our product line, I think they may be very interested in this." He then left the room and entered the managers office. I overheard a bit of anger in the room during the minutes he was there.

While I waited on the Rep the Techy whispered, " You're going to have to be careful how you draw the load from the batteries you are talking about." You're going to need to have a wide margin of safety to prevent antimony reaction. " I was confused by what he was saying because I don't know whether there even is antimony in an historic Nickel Iron Battery.

At this point the Rep returned and said , " There was a lot of heated debate on the conference call." " No one on the call has ever heard of or seen either a Nickel Iron Battery or an Edison Battery and there are at least six buyers on line that make regular buying trips to China. The anger was because I insisted that the techy is aware of the batteries and their capabilities." "The final message from the President is, Prove their existence to him, demonstrate a market potential for them and we will add them to our inventory because we need new markets with expansion potential.

This is all very exciting to me because I now have access to the President of a major National supply house that may make these batteries accessable on the shelf across the country.Equally exciting is the potential value of enlisting the help of a knowledgeable techy that hungers for something more than he is working at.

From there I headed over to the University in the hopes of running into anyone in the Physics realms or any other Professor I have known in the past there. Along the way I realized there may be a battery market potential through the University due to the interest in solar-wind technology and the dismal results achieved with lead acid batteries.

While cruising the grounds in search of familiar faces I finally made my peace with Pavlov's Dog. Through out my life I've thrown out any book or article that mentions Pavlov's Dog. I've also written off as an idiot anyone who even mentioned Pavlov's Dog with respect or enthusiasm.Academics and Lobbyists have pleaded with me over the years to make peace with Pavlov's Dog because my attitude towards him was isolating me from a large part of the academic world. Now that I have resolved the issues leading to the contempt I'll have a far wider range of acceptance at the University.

On Monday I'm going to begin a quest to sell 40 1,000 pound lots of Nickel Iron Batteries. Selling a small container worth will hopefully be enough to motivate the retail chain President to add them to his National inventory. National counter access to these batteries may have a huge impact upon successful solar-wind and hybrid technologies.

This morning I never would have imagined that placing my prototype on the lawn could produce so great a reaction.

11. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Baaad flashbacks man :eek: ... hope you get better:)

12. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

13. latestarter

latestarter Senior Member

Questor

This, unlike some of my posts on this thread, is a serious reply.

Have you considered writing science fiction. You have a very fertile imagination and can dash off paragraphs with some facility. That way you would have something to show for your efforts.

Science has reached a stage where the amateur thinker is very unlikely to make a break through. Many topics are counter intuitive and having a layman's commonsense is a disadvantage.Trying to overthrow established principles will prove futile in practice but in literary form may be satisfying.

Obviously there will still be great scope for applying existing principles in new ways.

Your $4 budget would go a lot further with your writing than your experiments.

14. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

May I be so bold as to hypothesize that whoever wrote on your device and the unexpected visitor may have been one and the same person?

Namely,a time travelling alien.

15. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Home Power Mag , on line FREE ,has articles on Edison cells , their care and feeding.

Useful in stationary situations perhaps ,but not for a boat.

FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.