capability of a semi displacement 12m boat

Discussion in 'Stability' started by jago, Nov 16, 2011.

1. jago

jago Junior Member

ok so i got what four 3 to 4 inch lines are they usualy ridgid. re routing thease should be do able.with little cost. i am more worried about patching the hull and i dont ever want to lose propulsion or cause damage.i need to put in more gas capacity.and some form of storm window system even if its just boards.what about lexon would it hold and how thick should it be is it exspensive. sorry im as neady as a puppy eh. thanks for all the info and your time my famaly is truely thankfull!

2. liki

liki Senior Member

Here a popular 7m motor boat sank "off-shore" due to engine room flooding. Well, pretty different meaning for off-shore here, but...

That model had a FG swim platform outside of hull with a molded box, open below, over the stern drive leg. Engine room air intake was located inside the box above the leg. Diving equipment was loaded on aft deck, causing the air intakes to go under in the swell and eventually flooding the engine compartment and sinking the boat. The manufacturer had to recall boats of that model and relocate the intakes after the incident.

3. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

J

I would imagine it'll be a couple years before you head off to Cuba or wherever.

In the meantime hang around your local area and islands and-like said before-learn the boat and how she handles.
    Especially learn the weather-myself,knowing what I know I wouldn't worry about those intakes even in my area.

But you may misjudge on the edge of open ocean somewhere,not know the waves and get slammed by a big wave and maybe get water inside.
    Just be sure your family isn't on board if you miscalculate and get some rough water in your islands-nothing puts a damper on family fun more than sea sickness.
    It'll likely be hard to get them onboard again.

Gas tanks-I recommend having a pro install them. You can have zero errors with this sort of stuff,especially with gas.Just pay the money,keep the bill,and rest easy and stay alive.
    BTW insurance companies will void a policy if they find any owner installed things like that if they caused or were involved with-directly or indirectly-an incident.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.