Couples Boat - 4 years later ...

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by RHough, Jan 1, 2015.

1. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

December 1, 2010 I started a thread with this:
    I have a boat ... a Hobie Getaway ... (OMG) Turns out that if you sail in warm water being wet is just fine and moving on the tramp is not the issue I thought it would be. Wench even likes the spinnaker! Simple ... easy to sail ... forgiving ... and the price is right. The new boat, wings, a single trapeze and a spinnaker kit is as pimped out as a Getaway can be. Towing weight is 500# +/- and the best deal was, "Why tow it? Lets get one for Canada and leave this one in Mexico."

I think the Cross 18 or the W-17 tris would be as good or better, but you can't call the dealer and have one delivered in 3 weeks. The 1000 hours and near equal cost of materials are time spent making waves not making sawdust.

Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

Great to know you are having fun in a boat!

The wing seats make a huge difference to comfort on a beach cat, imagine you in that photo without them!

Best wishes for 2015 from south Baja, where I am also sailing a small multihull off the beach.

Richard Woods

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.