How do I delete a post.

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by mulletbucket, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mulletbucket

mulletbucket Junior Member

My friend Masalai sent me an message telling me that it's easy, but this dumb *** redneck can't figure it out.

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

If you click "edit" and then "go advanced" there will be an option to delete a post, but with the following restrictions:

1.) A post can only be edited or deleted within 7 days of when it was posted. (this idea is that someone shouldn't be able to go back and change "history" once the discussion has grown upon it.)

2.) You can delete posts but not threads (you can't delete the first post of a thread because of this; the idea is that you can't ask a question or spark a discussion and then delete the origin; this is currently an on/off switch though without a provision to allow deletion of a thread with no replies)

3.) You have to have at least 5 posts before you can delete your own posts. (this is to keep brand new users from creating confusion and making moderation difficult.)

< cant seem to find the right place!!!! | Newbie >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.