Can someone please tell me what boat this is?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by 32Footer, Jun 28, 2013.

1. 32Footer

32Footer Junior Member

I inherited this 32 foot boat. I was told it's a 1970's Sonny Levi design and it was imported from Italy.

Can someone please tell me what this is? Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

It does look like Levi's hull, but I cannot recognize the boat. Resembles "A Speranziella", or even "Corsaro", but it is neither of them.

Perhaps your best bet is to ask directly to Mr. Levi and his sons: http://www.leviboats.com/

Cheers

3. 32Footer

32Footer Junior Member

Thanks man I have been looking for days.

If it helps all of the switches are labeled in Italian.

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

It means that the boat might have been built by an Italian boatyard. ;)

Another possibility could be to contact the Italian Coast Guard in Catania (that's what CT stands for), explain that you've bought this boat and would like to have more info. Being a 32 ft, it might have been listed in their registries: http://www.guardiacostiera.it/capitanerieonline/index.cfm?id=7
    Good luck! :)

5. 32Footer

32Footer Junior Member

Thank you for your help. The CT is there because it was once registered in Connecticut. Actually that makes the boat a 1968. I'm thinking the same thing, maybe an Italian boatyard. I would give an arm to figure this boat out.

6. 32Footer

32Footer Junior Member

I think I figured it out. Hull lines are spot on, bathroom is exact. I think the round portholes were added later.

1977 Levi Triana Tantarella Power Boat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 32Footer

32Footer Junior Member

Come to find out it's not a Triana, there are the slightest differences in places.

I was told it raced the east coast, it's 1 of 10 in the world and it's from Italy which explaines everything labeled on the boat being written in Italian, the kitchen says cucina.

It's such a Levi design and it looks like the front windows were filled in, maybe for the races...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.