Bayliner 175 bow trolling motor, how?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by boatmen, Jan 18, 2007.

1. boatmen

boatmen New Member

Bayliner 175 bow trolling motor, need help!

Please, anybody help me! I saw few times bow trolling motors mounted on a similar bow riders (fish and ski), but that was a factory installation. Can I attached REMOVABLE bow electric trolling motor on my Bayliner 175? Any advice or picks will be appreciated! Many thanks for respond. Peter.

2. Jango

Jango Senior Enthusiast

I mounted a Bolt Down Type (Bass Boat) Trolling motor on my 17' Bayliner, by thru bolting a 1/4in. thk Alum plate on the top of the forward Deck (port side) - probably 3' from the bow and then bolting the trolling motor to the plate.

3. boatmen

boatmen New Member

Hi Jango! Thanks for respond. What about any pikcs of yor boat?

4. Jango

Jango Senior Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thought I had some pics of the mount. Boat is covered in winter storage. Be glad to take a picture in a couple of months.

Jango

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.