Can SHIPFLOW calculate and simulate appendages resistance for planing hull?

Discussion in 'Software' started by H.Hisyam, May 20, 2011.

1. H.Hisyam

H.Hisyam New Member

Good day everyone. I have just started a study regarding planing craft using CFD, especially SHIPFLOW. I want to ask, can SHIPFLOW compute the appendages resistance for a planing craft? I mean, will there be differences in resistance if I simulate a bare hull and compare it to an appended hull in the software? I want to study about the effects of the trim tabs, stern wedge, bilge keel, spray rail and foil to the resistance of the planing craft. I was confused since the manuals provided by SHIPFLOW are mostly for conventional cargoes, tankers and yacht, so i doubted that the software can be used for planing craft with a hard chine. I would really appreciate if anybody can help. Thank you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.