Outboard Bracket

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by jrgrady, Dec 22, 2007.

1. jrgrady

jrgrady New Member

I am thinking of building my own outboard bracket from a 1 off mold this summer. I read a thread under the classic mako website that gave a pic by pic lesson on how to structurally make it happen. Now I have experience in major glass construction as I used to work in a glass shop that pretty much did insurance work for boats. Along with that came the floor jobs and transom jobs and all that stuff. Obviously I will take everyone step by step through pictures, but I'm looking for opinions on whether or not to follow the hull straight back and actually make my 19' boat a 21-22 foot boat, or just make a light square not following the deadrise of the original hull. I have attached the thread so everyone can see what I am talking about. I am not concerned with my own labor. I know it would be easier to buy an aluminum bracket, but that is no fun. Doing a major modification to the hull would be fun.........Obviously I would close the transom off and extend the gunwhale straight across the aft just like 2-n-tow did.

http://www.classicseacraft.com/foru...e=&olderval=1&oldertype=d&bodyprev=#Post17607