Difference between type-c and type-d plug

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by jessel, Aug 2, 2017.

1. jessel

jessel New Member

can any one tell me the difference between type-c and type-d orifice plug.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

You may need to refine your question a bit, as I can think of several answers to it, as I'd imagine others will.

Is this an electrical plug? A/C orifice? Hydraulics? Please tell us what you're looking to do and more specifics as to your needs.

3. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Hi Jessel,

Like PAR already said, a bit more specific question would be easier to answer, if it's eg for a carburetor then there are many* orifice plugs type-c and many type-d.

* right now the one linked webshop alone gives me: - 76,268 - ‘‘ Orifice - Plugs - type - C - ’’ - - - & - - - 66,146 - ‘‘ Orifice - Plugs - type - D - ’’

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

In my previous post, Orifice Plug type C vs D , I picked as example an item like #15 (near the bottom right corner) in the below exploded view drawing.

Johnson Outboard Parts 1993 Carburetor & Linkage - 185 - 200 - 225 - Suffix "A - C - D - S" Models

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

C and D jets are flowed from opposite directions. The bore of the jet can vary, the stamp is the closest flow reference hence dont drill them

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.