need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by freeagent, Dec 29, 2004.

1. freeagent

freeagent Junior Member

Hello I know if I were to read into some of these posts more I would find something to help me out! I have a power catamaran design I drew up on Autocad R14 and I need to test this hull on another program Just not sure what program to use is there anyone who has a software program out there that could test this design off my autocad file? [​IMG] :?:

2. freeagent

freeagent Junior Member

WOW everyones feed back is very hlpful but overwhelming could you guys keep it down to a few post an hour sheesh I can only read so fast! :D

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

What did you expect? What do you mean by "testing the design". Have you read any of the many threads on hull design software? Or did you make a search for that?

Rhino3D has a free demoversion and will give you basic hydrostatics.
    RhinoMarine has a time limited demo versioon and will give you more detailed hydrostatics.

4. freeagent

freeagent Junior Member

Cool thanks Bro! I was just tring to get a little feedback on the design while getting tips to a source of simulation of this hull design with a little guidence! thank You for your help I have already started another design since this post and am contemplating on the next one after that! thinking about a 27' V bottom! I am also contmplatinf a fourth plan from this one in the post and that one is a 24' cat derived from a set of John L hackers race/ runabout plans from the 1920s! Oh well I got to take it one at a time though!

5. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Well, do try out Rhino for 3D work, you can save 25 times in the demo version. Check out IntelliCAD for 2D (and basic 3D) work.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.