Maxsurf Question?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmcguinness, Nov 22, 2004.

1. cmcguinness

cmcguinness Junior Member

Hello All,
    Does anyone know how to import line-plans of a vessel from AutoCAD to Maxsurf for hull generation within Maxsurf? :confused:
    Hopefully
    Ciaran

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Go to Fule->Import and choose either DXF background (in which case the 3D polylines will show as a 3D wireframe), or DXF Markers, in which case they will display as 3D marker (i.e. offset) points.

Marker points can be used for automated fitting using the Fit Surface to Markers command, however this option is enabled only if you have purchased the Prefit module.

3. cmcguinness

cmcguinness Junior Member

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for that information. I'll try it tonight when I get a chance. Have currently be designing a hull-form of a mono-hull fast ferry at University within Maxsurf recently, so busy busy.. Cheers

Regards
    Ciaran

4. davidjgray

davidjgray David Gray

Dear Ciaran

I have to admit we sometimes take a screenshot of an Autocad Lines plan, as working with an image as a background can be a lot easier (in terms of setting the zero point and scale) than trying to import a DXF background from a 2D linesplan.

Cheers

David

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.