Can Anyone recommend a battery charger?

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by justinDesign, Oct 29, 2007.

1. justinDesign

justinDesign Junior Member

I am looking for a battery charger for two 12 volt marine batteries that can use both 120 electrical outlet power and solar power to recharge the batteries any suggestions?

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

so really you mean input vac, 120? google up smartcharger, does any input vac, and frequency, and can adjust for lead acid or gel(they bulk at different rates)

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Practical Sailor has any of their complete test reports on line for a small fee.

Google them , the info is worth the few bucks.

AVOID "ferroresonant" (older Guest) and other cheap crap, which has killed more batts than they have charged

FF

4. NEWENGLAND

NEWENGLAND Guest

You need a DC/Dc regulator and AC/DC Rectifier

If your going to use both Solar panels and AC shore power or from a Generator you need a DC/Dc regulator and AC/DC Rectifier

This will do it.

Samyung

Model SP5

Regulated DC/DC and AC/DC rectifier

110/220 VAC Input
    24 volt / 15 Amp

http://www.samyungenc.com/eng/index.asp

NAVIS@Maine.rr.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  5. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

6. cahudson42

cahudson42 Junior Member

If you are charging off-boat or do not need weather-proof, you might look at the BC12B Black & Decker. $36 each at WALMART. I bought a pair for use with 2 105A Everlasts for Trolling motor. The charger is 3-stage with Flotation top-up. Seem to be working great.

They are fan cooled, so I would watch using them in a confined space.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=17922

Chris

7. NEWENGLAND

NEWENGLAND Guest

Big Differance!

After reading the last two relpies I see that your looking for toys and gizmos. Not real Marine Grade Electrical equip.

The Samyung Model SP5 Regulated DC/DC and AC/DC rectifier that I mentioned goes for $595.00 here in the USA.

NAVIS@Maine.rr.com

http://www.samyungenc.com/eng/index.asp

8. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

If you can built one use keyproc(dioda) from welding machine to have a nice cool charger... it is not hard. a small version u can install a automatic stop.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.