Can anyone recognise this hull design?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Lodkostroitel, May 15, 2013.

1. Lodkostroitel

Lodkostroitel New Member

Hello,
    I got my hands on this mold. I think it is Italian, but not 100% sure. Can someone recognise it. What manufacturer is it from?
    It is 6 meters long.
    It has spray rails only on the bow area and flat surface at the most aft of the keel(What is the word for that in english.....?planing plate? sorry for my poor vocabulary)
    Best Regards!
    Here are some pictures of the hull
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lodkostroitel

Lodkostroitel New Member

Ok, if we can't recognise the make and model of it, then can you predict its behavior comparing it with this boat(as i know perfectly how it behaves):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weight is about the same on both - 980kg
    Length of the first unknown boat is 6 meters, on the second is 6,2 meters
    Beam of the first is 2.5 meters, on the second is 2.25 meters

The first has one short spray rail only on the bow area, the second has 2 spray rails along the entire hull length
    The first has this flat surface at the most aft of the keel(I don't know the word for it in English, on my language we call it planing plate) and the chines are longer aft from the transom and also at the the very end they become more narrow comparing with the first one that has all the same profile of the hull on the entire wetted length.
    See the following picture
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you think of this. I'm designing a deck but i can't decide which hull to use for my project.
    Target speed is 50 knots and i know the second hull is more than capable of this speed but the unknown hull is a bit shorter and wider is this better?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.