can anyone find a more ugly boat ??

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jelfiser, Sep 14, 2006.

1. viking north

viking north VINLAND

It's a small world, here we have a Newfoundlander discussing with an Australian what a South African is up to. I think the LOA is the whole idea of the exercise. Without that it certainly would still be a challenge but no big deal on the world stage. I seen to recall reading there are some 200 yachts under 45ft. at any given time sailing around the world. The 10 footer boys are trying to spice it up a little:D

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh dear, I'm in the soup again :eek:

Sorry guys but I just could not resist to post a couple of funnies
    the guys that were around on BD.net in the good old days of "Frostie" and Brian (Masalai with his cat) will get it :p

Anyway building a ten is a bit like wanking, man's got ta do what a man's got ta do (oops there I shoot myself in the foot again - ouch - dammit) ;)

from Duckworks =
    sometimes a boat is just a boat !!!!

sorry dont want to offend anybody but what the heck you started :D:D:D:D

just it's a ***** trying to find crew for the TEN
    I've started writing to the girls Wicked Weasel again, but it's something about it being too ugly and too small, fakit I just dont get it :mad:

Attached Files:

3. viking north

viking north VINLAND

No question marks here Manie, The little craft is looking it's role, If you were passing by the Rock, I could sneek a bottle or two of Screech out to ya, :D---Geo.

4. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

And I thought you liked Mannie!

5. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Actually, considering many beers, beer having been mentioned, "soup" would be a great improvement IMHO. Never mind the sort of improvement Scotch represents.

6. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Rurudyne, I can see you've never visited the Rock, or been Screeched In with The Kissing of the Cod, tis not Scotch we speak of but the Evil Rum. That which me ancestors traded salt fish (1st. generation plywood) for. Barrels of the stuff. Dragged it back home, watered it down slightly so as not dissolve the glass bottles and sold it as NFLD. SCREECH. Steve (Lewisboats)I figure this would time warp Manies trip down to about two weeks or as it did to the last poor victim, caused him to travel in circles in the south Atlantic to meet the boys on their return trip back pass the Horn. :D

7. RHP

RHP Senior Member

A crew on a Ten? May I suggest a beetle in a jam jar? :D

PS what happened to Frostie and Mas?

8. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Actually, Scotch was mentioned in one of those images he put up in that post. Nothing more.

9. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Frosty said to many NO NOs. Last I've heard of Mas he sold his gold, built his boat and set sail.

I miss them both....................................HI FROSTY, HI MAS..HOPE YOUR BOTH WELL....

10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

And "nothing more" so it was, Speaking of my Ancient Ancestors I'm suppose to have one in your great State who served and retired from The Texas Rangers many years ago. There's suppose to be some artifices at the museum in Austin. I'll be out west on a trip in 2016/2017 and check it all out. If so it must have been a sight the first time that "Down Easter" crawled into the saddle. :)

11. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

:D Mas ended up on a small farm growing vegetables, he did eventually sell the boat, I stand to be corrected but the wife ran away, divorced? (got the gold) me thinks. Just another very sad example of the big cat syndrome. Of course we will have to admit that Mas and his condomaran was a bit unusual - all to please the wife and then she never went boating. Another divorce that shocked me was Tom and Judy that spent their whole life building that big cat, the kids grew up and never sailed away into the sunset. Tom got the boat (still not finished) Judy got her freedom. I cant see the blog anymore Judy kept it going for a while?

Dear old Frosty rode his motor bike from pub to pub, had in depth knowledge of the ladyboys :p the fuel in his two rolls royce merlin engines got old because he needed Hitlers bank account to keep the tanks full and then when he got pissed he would go on BD.net and insult everybody.
    When Frosty was sober be had the most uncanny sense of humour, we all miss Frosty but the old sod just got too cantankerous. And of course Frosty was very British :eek:

Then what happened to the US hippie that had to take his "meds" on a regular basis?

:D I promise I wont do that, didn't he then commit suicide eventually? Robin Knox became is "Sir" maybe I will become a "Sir" if I dont cheat. Can a white man of questionable Dutch/European mixed lineage become a "Sir" ??
    Pity the opium trade is a bit of a problem or else the TEN will give the Brits a run for their money. Stuff the 2x2 thing just load "poppy dust"

Anyway the idea of Screech reducing the trip to a time warped two weeks is a great idea :)

Oh well PAR this was a nice trip down memory lane!! thanks for promoting my TEN

Now besides that some people think the TEN is ugly and LOTS of people think it's TOO SMALL my epoxy supplier said the boat MUST GET a "sexy" name, good grief now I'm at a loss for words.

Any suggestions for a "sexy" name for a bath tub, just please nothing with the 2x2 thing I don't believe in mythical super powers in the sky and the 77 virgins is best left to guys in black dresses in the dessert :p:p:p and yes I know hell has got a seat reserved for me. But I promised Frosty that one day he can buy me a beer a show me what the fuss is all about in the go-go bars :eek::eek::eek:

What do you guys think about the name "Bismarck" a bit too heavy for the world??? ouch ouch ouch stop hitting me :p:p

12. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Don't know about sexy, but with all this talk about booze how about Sheets to the Wind?

13. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

"Wicked Weasel"

Get them to sponsor you,photo ops with the models- and they can supply you with underwear for your trip....

14. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

How about "Double Dee"?

15. LP

LP Flying Boatman