CAE Structural support to sailboat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Giovi, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Giovi

Giovi New Member

My name is Giovanni Monfrino, I'm 32 years old and I live in Italy.
    I work as structural analyst for a big car company.
    My job is focused on structural otpimization also with composite materials.
    I'm very interested in sailboat and I wish to use my experience to develop sailboat projects.
    I'm also prepared to do manual works combined to design works.
    I'm leaving my country next 8 August to in Australia and New Zealand for a common projects with
    an Australian car company. While I'll be there I'd like to meet some yatch designers in order
    to understand if is possible to work together.
    I'm writing this e-mail also to non-Australian boat designer/builders because I want primarily
    to work on sailboat and where comes secondary. Anyway I dream to live in a windy place near the water.

I'm available to show you wich kind of structural optimization tecniques is possible to use
    in the sailboat design, from topological optimization to Multidisciplinary methods.
    The aim is to achieve from the structure the best performances with the minimum amount of materials.
    To do so, the composite design offers unique possibilities to tail the properties to the loads.
    The Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools offer now a formidable support to do this.
    I'd be great to you if you could give some contatcs of firms involved in the design/production
    of masts, hulls, helms and other sailboat's components.

Thank you very much for your kind help to realize my dream.

Kind regards
    Giovanni Monfrino

2. sea share

sea share New Member

interested oin sailboats that power fast

I am interested in sailboats designs that power fast- to get back to work, avoid weather, or just be fast-and still sail well. keep me in mind if you see anything. must leave now but i'll check back in few days. chao.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.