Cabo Rico Tiburon '36

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mant29, Aug 24, 2020.

1. mant29

mant29 New Member

Hello all!

I'm hoping to restart a discussion on the Tiburon 36 that were made in the 1970s. I believe the '36 footer had only 36 boats of it's kind made (wikipedia).

My first question, is my boat a "Cabo Rico" or "Tiburon 36???

in 1978, the first Cabo Rico '38 footer was created off the '36 foot mold. All my boat documents state Cabo Rico and/or Cabo Rico Tiburon '36.

About me and my boat:

I recently purchased a 1978 Tiburon '36 down in Panama. Unfortunately, my timing couldn't have been worse given the Pandemic occurring just after purchase.

I'm currently in the U.S. and planning to return as soon as possible and will be upgrading the electronics and boat electric. Plan is to sail the Caribbean and to New England, then I'll go from there.

Previous conversations I believe the surviving previous owner replied in 2006. The couple had a website and has much information about my boat, Landfall. Please check it out:

www.landfall-learning.org

I included a picture of my boat where it is now in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

I look forward to hearing from other Cabo Rico / Tiburon owners and enthusiasts.

-Mike IMG_0696.jpg

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.