Cabin Drawing software

Discussion in 'Software' started by belphil, Aug 9, 2012.

1. belphil

belphil New Member

There are many software around for hull drawing. I have hull plan but I'm looking for software which will allow me to draw a cabin with deck, head, dinnette, berth... and able to move them around to suite hull design like pic enclosed. Is this exist without having to spend hours to try to design a hull before fitting inside? Like house drawing. Maybe I ask too much.

Attached Files:

2. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Senior Member

3. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

belphil I think all CAD software will enable you to group objects wether they are 2D or 3D. From there you can move, rotate, scale them. You will still need some kind of 3d representation of the hull, either as a line drawing or computer model to check where parts or spaces intersect with the hull, deck or cabin interior surface. A cabin sole outline and sheer probably being the minimum to start.
    There is quite a bit of free or inexpensive software out there both for 2d and 3d. Even if you don’t have much experience in cad drawing most come with ready made “primitives” like box shapes that can be used to get a quick layout.

4. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

I always do all hull fairing, framing, interior design, presentation pictures and animations, and most production preparation in a single program, TouchCAD. www.touchcad.com

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.