fiberglass floor repair

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by redfish99, Jul 2, 2011.

1. redfish99

redfish99 New Member

Hey everybody I am kinda new to major fiberglass work. Im replacing part of the floor in my bay boat its 21 feet long running a 90 Johnson motor the front casting deck is getting soft i want to catch it before it gets worse. The idiot that had the boat before me decided to spray foam underneath that part of the floor and moister got between the floor and the foam....so it started to rot. Im wanting to cut that piece of the deck out and replace it with a new piece. The entire boat is a gel coat floor with the black spider webbing and I want the new floor to at least half way blend with the rest of the boat so i was thinking of making that piece textured flooring ( iv looked at it and thought about it and i think it will look good and function alright). So whats the best way to go about this. some body has to make some type of gel coat textured flooring kit or something... any help will be greatly appreciated

2. redfish99

redfish99 New Member

If somebody thinks that this should be posted somewhere else just let me know

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Preform a search for floor and sole replacements, as there are hundreds of previous threads that address your situation. Pictures and more detail about your boat would also be helpful.