Bye Bye 2009 "annus horribillis"

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Manie B, Dec 11, 2008.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Don't you read? water shortages and DRIEST continent - so dry we have to drink beer.... :p:p:p - so the only option is to fill the whole holes with urine? but that will evaporate faster than can be pissed in - and the smell - we will have to export that to saffa so you folk can feel "at home".....

We are busy exporting Australia offshore by bulk carriers at 250,000 tonnes or more a time.... Our diamond mine was closed last week 'cause we were producing too many diamonds....

2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Mas, aren't that big diamond mine on the north western side of OZ where they mine those lovely pinky's called Kimberly:?:

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Hey Mas - bloody well spotted mate :D

we also have russians here wearing those 2 life preserver floatation devices on their chests - they ussually work at Teazers which is our local "table / lap dancing" outfit :D

i frikken hate those life preserver american style appendages - just look at the clown look that Christina Aguilera supports lately :mad: HORRIBLE

anyway i am still looking for crew :p
    so i have come up with pics of what could probably be ideal candidates :D
    i am going to write to them soon :D
    who knows, if i keep on at it i may get lucky oneday ??:idea:

YEAH MAN BRING IT ON :D :D :D

Attached Files:

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

he he Frosty

i found some good crew candidates in thailand as well
    but these old farts will die of a heart attack if they ever had too see that stuff - also small and petit:D

maybe it is my "short man syndrome" showing - at 5'7" you cant call that stiff upper lip - that is just short - period,
    however thank gawd i am not an old fart and have still the "energy"

may the force be with you:D
    dont forget - its just a jump to the left :D

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah I can see from your avatar you are vertically challenged.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Wynand N yes "pink Champagne" at Argyle, operated by "Rio Tinto"

Manie, the last three seem a bit shallow or cartoon like?

and Frosty is just challenged? :D:D:D and I don't get it...?

7. masalai

masalai masalai

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Mas for my own sanity i dont really read much news any more - the entire planet is fu@ked and there is only so much that any individual can do.

ALL my free time and energy is now concentrated on my boats - first of the "production" line will be my "Jarcat" which could be on the water by this April. This boat is basically my "to scale" experimental cat to establish data for hull resistance = speeds - upwind sailing = keel sizes and then my "aft mast" design similar to Prout / Dean.

As you know i have been at this CAT thing now for many many years and the time frame is officially set now. My wife did start her new job as senior management and they have got a huge division in Sydney!

Because of the complexities of my childrens University studies and my wife been "groomed" for Sydney we will be here for 4 years. This suits me fine, because i have not really recovered from the 2008 financial hiding but my 12m CAT program is basically back on track, its a 3 year build program and then i will get to know the boat for a year during 2012. During that year i will do Durban - Cape Town and Durban - Mauritious - Seychells. After a year of up and down the coast i would think that the boat would be sorted

AND THEN

off to Frosties Pub
    say hello to you and my other hooligans in Brisbane
    and then i must clock in in Sydney by the missus or else she will skin me alive:D
    after that who cares
    learn to fish ?
    get a beer making kit ?
    grow herbs ?

:D :D :D

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Good on yer Manie, I hope to be built and sailing well before then but I should warn you, "herbs" are illegal here.... (marijuana I mean and other recreational meds) so I could not recommend growing same... BUT if you mean the normal kitchen herbs and such, well that is OK :D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully I will be seriously into building by April...

10. masalai

masalai masalai

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Sorry Mas, only 75 to 95 MPH.... that's not me. I would take it really slow (5 to 10km/hr) and bugger the place up thoroughly see... :D

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh well, - I tried..... :D:D

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Only the severe ones are named after females (with good reason). Note the pink down the scale.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.