BV NR546 - Nxx determination

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by Ogrim, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Ogrim

Ogrim Junior Member

Hi,

I am immersing in the BV standards (NR500 and NR546) and I am in trouble for the calculation of Nxx, Nyy, Nxy .... require to determine SigmaAd.
    Would anyone be able to help me on this?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Go to the library and pick up a copy of Theory of Composites Design by Stephen Tsai. Basically you are going to need to calculate the effective modulus of the lamination based on each layer material, matrix, and direction. FWIW, he used to sell a spreadsheet/teach a class to help with the calculation, but that was 30 years ago. (edit MIL-HDBK 17 no longer had laminate design in it, only testing)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. Ogrim

Ogrim Junior Member

thank you for your answer,

I'm gonna study composite design,
    I found another way for a simplest evaluation, using ComposeIT. Free software by Bureau Veritas. Once laminate and pressures are defined on the soft, it compute stresses on each layer and give value for Mx, My, Nx ...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.