Gazebo on the Lake

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Jun 19, 2008.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

A friend sent me this today...might be the extent of some 'yachting' this summer

I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought ... I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too. Has 15,000# capacity. The deck is 18ft x 18ft with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4ft x 4ft by 18 inch. high and the Gazebo is 10 ft. Hexagon with a table and chairs inside.

Under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controlled wireless so I can be fishing outside and operate the motor. On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge.

I have 2 electric winches with 40# anchors. I have also built in a water pump so I can clean the fish right on the spot. Now I can relax and fish while my wife can sit and relax.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. clodgo

clodgo Senior Member

What a great idea, Brilliant!:D

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Looks kinda brilliant to me, mind you I'd want an anchor on each corner, kinda stabalises the rig somewhat, maybe a place to dock a dink as well!

4. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

wheres the BBQ on deck?,,and the T.V.?,,hehe ;)
    man that is pretty bad@ss! ,,,i might even dig me a pond just to have 1 of those,,,i have a feeling my 36' poly pipe is gonna come in handy,,hehe ;)