Boating mishaps

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by cac, Nov 10, 2006.

1. cac

cac Junior Member

After my last discussion on river cruising safety I seem to be getting into a safety theme :)

There's one of these little funny/cute/viral video's that is floating around the net right now (you can see it here if you wish), that shows a bunch of clips of people falling out/overboard/down whatever. Usually they are at or near the dock and mis-step getting on/off a boat. We all see these and get a laugh.

On the other hand, this just really reminded me of another hazard that people tend to forget about... its not all weather/shipping/engine failure/whatever. People trip and get crushed between boats and docks. They fall in and drown when they can't get back up and no-one is around to help. Kids and pets need to be under tight control (and probably wearing flotation devices).

Be careful when around your boat... live to sail again another day :)

Anyway, just some thoughts...