Burning salt water

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Bullseye, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Bullseye

Bullseye Junior Member

This was sent to me by a friend and I thought it would interest some of you. Not needing a fuel tank or being concerned of fuel at all. Let's hope this technology is put to good use, curing cancer and marine propulsion

Attached Files:

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

You may not need a fuel tank but you would need to be close to a powerful radio transmitter or have a long extension lead to power your own transmitter. Maybe lots of people all using their mobile phones at the same time would get the required power input.

It does highlight a potential risk with placing saltwater in a microwave. It may be possible to create a highly explosive atmosphere in and around the oven by the decomposition of the water. Something I had not thought about before.

From the cancer perspective I am not sure that I would be willing to expose my body to the radio waves knowing that the energy causes salt water to decompose and my body comprises a substantial amount of water containing various salts.

Rick

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Youlle be lucky,--just about any invention is used for war first, or crime.

Even if it worked,- oil and petroleum products could not be shut down.

To bring in an invention of this success ( if it is) would be more devastating to world economy than it would benefit, even though its benefits would be tremendous.

It will take as long to ween the world off oil than it will to allow the oil supplies to deminish by our own consumption. Financially the world canot stop using oil. Quite simply its what makes the world go round.

Oil is truley liquid gold.

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

What Rick said ...

Forget it as a fuel. The water isn't burning. You need sufficient energy input to disassociate the hydrogen and oxygen. Spraying it onto a white hot surface works too and similarly the net energy available from recombining Hydrogen and Oxygen would be a fair bit less than just using the electricity to start with.

5. yipster

yipster designer

why does everyone allways want to have cars ride on (salt) water
    when sailing on salt water is so much more natural :p

6. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

There is a system that lets power a ship with almost infinite power and range using saltwater. There are many ships using it today. It uses a little thing called a nuclear reactor to heat the water generate electricity etc... Do you think Homeland Defense would let us have one on our boats...

7. Bullseye

Bullseye Junior Member

Darwin deduced we evolved from the ocean because the salt content matched that in a mothers womb. This might require even less expossure to treat a cancerous cell in the body. You first;)

A person in the know told me that there is a group(s) of people that absolutely don't want cancer cured. It's not hard to imagine there are also groups that don't want any free energy devices unless maybe developed by them.

While we are thinking along these lines, What do ya'll think of Zero Point Energy(Fluctuation)?

http://www.secret-solutions.com/zpe.htm

This term Zero Point Energy has been based on the concept that even if matter were cooled down to absolute zero (minus 273oC), in terms of its temperature, this energy still remains. Because it exists in a vacuum, ZPE is homogenous and isotropic as well as ubiquitous. In addition, since ZPE is also invariant with respect to Lorentz transformation, the ZPE spectrum has the characteristic that the intensity of the energy at any frequency is proportional to the cube of that frequency.

Consequently, the intensity of the energy increases resulting in an infinite energy density for the radiation spectrum. It appears that this energy is quite intense. Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman and one of Einstein’s protégés, John Wheeler, calculated that there is more than enough energy in the volume of a coffee cup to evaporate all the worlds’ oceans. We fail to easily recognize this immense energy source as it is analogous to trying to weigh a beaker of water underneath the ocean.

http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/santazeropoint.html

This technology has remained unharnessed as far as mainstream science is aware. Although a few private inventors besides Nikola Tesla have had successes tapping into the Zero Point electromagnetic energies, their technology has been highly suppressed. Inventors labs have been raided or destroyed.

Dr. Marc Millis of NASA's new Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Research Program has published articles relating to Zero Point Space Drives. "Challenge to Create the Space Drive" (J. Prop. & Power, V.13. No. 5, 1997, p. 577). In it Dr. Millis states, "Electromagnetism is also suggested as a target phenomenon for space drive research because of ZPF. (Zero Point Field) ZPF is also an electromagnetic
    phenomenon and discovering a way to react with ZPF would likely create a space drive"

References: http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-th/9901011 and Inside Zero Point Energy by Thomas Valone, Infinite Energy Magazine, Vol 5, Issue 26,
    1999, www.infinite-energy.com

Postscriptum:
    On June 23, 2004 we received this email from Jack Nachamkin.
    Remy C. ET webed

Dear Electrifying Times,

I came across this web page that gave all the credit to Frank Mead for our invention to tap zero-point energy. While I can't claim full credit, the invention was based on my previous work on electromagnetic scattering, when I noticed that near-resonances occurred on spherical dielectrics at specific frequencies, enhancing the fields by many orders of magnitude. Frank was my boss at EDWARDS AFB at the time of the patent application and we, along with Bob Forward, had a number of discussions on the subject.

8. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Attention!!! Attention!!! Call Bob Lazar, Someone stole the alien space ship. Can you pass me the dilithium crystals.

9. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Perpetual motion was a big thing in the 1800's lots of the same sorts of thing misguided and often very capable inventors too caught up in their own mistaken belief.

Likewise cures for cancer We can now cure most cancers and no-one has hindered the science of oncology.

I dare say you could find mountains of pseudo scientific claims to free energy.
    Physics indicates that you would be foolhardy to invest in such technology whether that of the 1800's or the more modern versions.

10. Bullseye

Bullseye Junior Member

mydauphin,
    Attention!!! Attention!!! Call Bob Lazar, Someone stole the alien space ship. Can you pass me the dilithium crystals.
    That is way funny
    I took you as more of a Buzz Lightyear kind of guy with a Flux Capacitor.LOL

Mike
    Likewise cures for cancer We can now cure most cancers and no-one has hindered the science of oncology.
    Hey buddy, I beg to differ. When the cure is chemotherapy!!!!! I unfortunately know people that went through that and if that's what we call an acceptable cure then we all are Brainwashed.

Frosty
    I'm inclined to side with you on the Black Gold. We are swamped at work and it's supporting the BG market so it's all good.

Rick
    Your probably correct on the return on power. They don't elaborate on the quick take.

I really appreciate all the honest input. Personally Mr. Tesla was in my humble opinion the most gifted in our history.

Again Thanks to all

11. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Laws of physics

Tesla was a very bright, so was Newton, Einstein, Galileo and even Da Vinci. Fortunately, we know more than they today. The built the laws of physics and chemistry.

Let me give the ten laws of Boat design

1. The amount of fuel consume is directly related to horsepower used. ( A lot of boats are overpowered)
    2. The higher the speed of the boat the higher the fuel consumption (Most boats travel below 14 knots because that is most fuel effiecent speed)
    3. Energy is lost and it cost fuel to produce (No free lunch)
    4. Draging a boat across the water consumes energy. (Water generates more drag than water, it doesnt compress)
    5. Lifting a boat over water to go faster consumes more fuel.(Of course more horsepower needed)
    6. Then there are all kinds of formulas for calculation hull speed, displacement etc... They actually work. These are not science fiction
    7. A boat is either in Displacement mode or Planing or in between, anything else is not a boat. (Even Hydrofoils plane on foils. Hovercraft function more like Plane in ground effect )
    8. Nothing works perfectly, everything is a compromises
    9. A lot of people keep trying things that dont work, that doesnt make then work.
    10. What works in one boat design may not work in another design.

I could add many more.

But get me a fat propeller, put a complex variable pitch electromechanical system to control it, spin it 1500 rpm in a non-compressible corrosive liquid then have it slam into pockets of boiling water and air and then tell me it revolutionize the marine industry soon.

Can I sell you this bridge in Brooklyn? It is only 100 years old, you could make alot money in tools.

All in good fun... But dont believe half of what you read. Popular Science Magazine is full of Wanabees and their looking for your money....

12. Bullseye

Bullseye Junior Member

13. MattZ

MattZ Junior Member

Sounds like a bunch of bologne to me. The energy required to split the water is greater than the energy obtained from recombining it.

14. tallen

tallen Junior Member

Mattz, is right. This new idea of using radio waves to produce hydrogen might be a better option then electrolysis (which remains to be seen), however, it will never produce more power then is put into it.

Furthermore, Like many others I believe Hydrogen is an awesome fuel (while dangerous) but currently its either too inefficient or too environmentally unfriendly to produce.

15. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.