Bureau Veritas rules download

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by MikeJohns, Jun 19, 2008.

1. shemar007

shemar007 New Member

+1 to mizkuzi...
    "amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic"

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

mmm.... I think the boots on the other foot.
    God designs a wooden structure that can't actually be built out of wood.
    Then a steel ship is well engineered and built and is a very successful design but is sunk through the recklessness of it's operators. Not due to any inherent design flaw.
    Also the initial engineered design had bulkheads to the weather deck, that was compromised for the grand salons. She was stable, fast and strong and well engineered and built. While the ark as a real vessel is an absurdity.

Class rules are driven by observing failures as well as making predictions, you couldn't build a practical the Ark under any class rule out of wood, but you could modify the Titanic to survive collisions.

3. mizkuzi

mizkuzi Junior Member

thanks mike for the message..i liked it especially the last sentence..! XOXO...^_^

4. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

What I gather from the above is that some imaginary "god" creature was really just an ignorant amateur who came up with the plan, and those engineers who built Titanic would have been overwhelmingly fanatic followers of such a "god"...

I agree with that. History shows us that from religious ignorant fanatics never came anything good.

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

the ark was a 'not for profit build'

6. mizkuzi

mizkuzi Junior Member

But i think different and its nothing to do with God coz i still admire Him for His great Ark idea.. I see to it as Noah's design majorly coz he was the one who built it, and he wasn't a boat builder nor a designer so he was just an amateur then which i am referring to, and for the titanic indeed professionals made it as per see. I only meant it literally. ^_^, maybe i must need to change my signature lol.

7. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I'm affraid you'll have to buy a copy... This is the cheapest place we have managed to find so far: http://www.evs.ee/Entity/tabid/58/Default.aspx

Good luck for your job! At the age of 24 I was still bowed down over the university books, with only a faint light visible at the end of the tunnel... :eek:

Cheers