Design trailer cruiser /1. hull

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Slowmo, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Slowmo

Slowmo Junior Member

I like a open plywood multi* trailer cruiser for safe hikes with camping gear.

It should be operatable for 1 person both on land (!!!) and big lakes. Hull weight is an important factor.

Possibly maximum weight 80Kg's (~180lbs) handled with support wheels or trolly etc at beaches etc.

1. Is 80Kg's possible to handle on land for 1p? More, less? (if trailer can't be driven into water)

2. What would you consider to be max beam and nice (acceptable) to row?

3. According to weight and beam... what maximum LOA should it have?

*(sail, row and 2-6hp)

2. Coen

Coen Junior Member

Looking back at my cat period;

We had a trailer for on the road and a 'beach trolley'. The cat ways in at approx 180-185 kg's, is 2.60 metres wide and 5.52 metres in length. Mast Height: a staggering 9.08 metres (from waterline).

I could handle this cat by myself; sailing, behind the car and on the beach trolley. Only rowing is not an option.

This to give you an indication about max size of a boat.

For pics of me and my cat (and my dad) see www.geocities.com/nacra_cats/nacra_18_fotos2.htm
    (this was my first website... please; no comment :cool: )
    (The temperature was something around 2 degrees celsius... That's why we wore the caps)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  3. Slowmo

Slowmo Junior Member

:) Do you think that I put the weight limit to low at 80Kg's? What weight would you suggest as a maximum for an avarage man?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.