Bukh DV36 ME - good, bad, ugly?

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by pdwiley, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Not the rudest post but getting on that way. Im certainly not wasting any more time.

2. nemier

nemier Junior Member

OK, understood...
    I'm still interested though.
    I bought plans a few years ago for a VDS 34, which I pour over from time to time.

Who's design/model are you building?

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

The problem with sea water cooling is the coolant temperature must be held way down to keep salt from coming out of the sea water.Usually under 140F.

On a steel boat the ability to use an internal keel cooler is a huge advantage .

Easy for boat heat , hot water for showers and the engine will last longer and at higher operating temperatures burn less fuel.

If possible a dry stack exhaust adds to the simplicity ( no winterization) and can also be used for cabin heat , or at least a great drying , wet gear locker.

KISS never fails.

FF