Beginner: Wooden Boat Restoration

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by HoustonB, Jun 6, 2007.

1. HoustonB

HoustonB Junior Member

The following boat is being offered for $100, & although the current owner is unsure of the make/year, I believe making the restoration of this boat into a project would be ideal.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've found another advertisement written by the owner who had originally priced the boat @ $350, & the current advertisement pricing the boat @ $100 leads me to believe that there has been minimal, if any, interest in this boat. The owner is more than likely dieing to get rid of it, 'cause as it stands, it's sore on the eyes, so I could possibly haggle the price down even further. Now, what I am wondering is if anyone could help me pinpoint the make & if possible, the year of the boat pictured above. If unable to do either, I would like either A) references to articles/websites breaking down the restoration of wooden boats from beginning to end or B) replies detailing the restoration process & any suggestions, advice, et cetera in regards to what I intend on accomplishing. Although I've had some experience in restoration (Restoring 12' Dinghi), it's been mediocre & pertained to an aluminum v-hull, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Houston B.​

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Can't comment on the value as I don't know the value of $100 where you live (OK $100 )

But if I was offered that boat for $100 in my neck of the woods I would grab it.

The most you could lose, $100

The trailers would probably be worth more than that.

Poida

3. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

A bargain if you like work...

Houston, in Arizona that boat might be saveable.

Poke around the frames and inside with a small blade screwdriver. If it's all rotted and soft, forget it. If it's mostly solid, decide if you want the challenge...

I assume it was an outboard, and there's no motor with it???