building new amas/floats from recycled beachcat hulls

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by trip the light fandango, Apr 23, 2019.

1. trip the light fandango

trip the light fandango Senior Member

Fairing with a long board5ft/1.5metres, I used spray on quik grip which stuck the sandpaper evenly, my arms are jelly and it was quite a hot day. I wasted some effort/Qcell by using the belt sander before fairing with the longboard , some stuff just has to be done the hard way and there is no way of avoiding it. I think I'm more than half way through, probably 6 hours sanding and 4 Q cell mixes to go. I could spray a weak paint , let it dry , then longboard , then carefully belt sand... maybe later towards the end .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. BlueBell

BlueBell Ahhhhh...

A longboard beltsander comes to mind...

Good progress TTLF.

3. trip the light fandango

trip the light fandango Senior Member

Thanks BlueBell, yes a long board belt sander would be nice...but if I make sure I eat plenty of protein, I'll end up a fair bit fitter, who needs a gym..ha.

BlueBell likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.