Building Flying Shrunken,split flying mouse of 6'

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by djwkd, Jan 5, 2008.

1. djwkd

djwkd Senior Member

Hi,i'm building a shrunken and split flying mouse of about 6'

WHen i say' split i mean cut in half with bulkheads at ech of the open ends.this way i can store them easier,and won't have to moor it.Also,to make it stable enough to sail in the river,i'm going to add two floats on either side of each partition of the boat.

Attached Files:

2. djwkd

djwkd Senior Member

Any ideas/bad things?

Any things you might see wrong with this solution to storage????6' big enough?????

3. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Bloody hell djwkd,

What woke you up? :D Has the sun begun to clear the horizon in Newcastle?

Why not take a gander at these plans and build something that will complete voyage both up and down the Tyne.

http://www.boatdesign.net/Directory/Boat_Plans/

:D :D :D

Pericles

4. djwkd

djwkd Senior Member

I looked through a while ago and everything is quite hard to store.With this i take it apart to make 2 parts of a boat,each 3' long.Although when i think about it,maybe one could be 2.5' and the other 3.5',then they would be like nesting tables.Only it floats.

5. tinhorn

tinhorn Senior Member

Sounds like a great idea, but I've always been partial to the compact and easy-to-store. (Too much time spent in cramped shops, perhaps.) Won't your bulkheads be the same width? Seems it would be tough to nest them - you might need three parts!

A couple summers ago I was a passenger being squired around the town of Plymouth, Massachusetts. In someone's driveway I saw the cutest fold-up fiberglass boat. The front half folded back onto the back half to make a little trailer-looking thing. I didn't have time to grab my camera, but I thought it was a very clever idea.

6. djwkd

djwkd Senior Member

Ah-yeah they would be the same width.Back to the 3-3 idea.Oh well.

7. djwkd

djwkd Senior Member

Not building flying mouse.

Hi,i've decided to build a normal mouse now,as i wish to build a rowboat instead of a sailing boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.