Building a Tritoon Houseboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by W.U.S.S., Oct 29, 2009.

1. W.U.S.S.

W.U.S.S. New Member

Hi, new to this site and am considering building a houseboat. I have many years of experience with camper design/build and and have contacts in the camper industry so materials shouldn't be much of a problem.

I live on a 850 acre lake and mainly want to use it for the weekend and holidays.

One question I have is, if I decide to go ahead with the "pontoon" style houseboat, how do seal the area between the top of the pontoon frame and the bottom of the houseboat floor.

In normal pontoons you dont worry too much about the floor getting wet, but I am not sure I want that to happen with my house boat.

2. WoodenPontoon

WoodenPontoon Junior Member

You might add belly skins to the underside of the deck structure. These could be sealed with caulk.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.