Flairing tool for deck drain

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Greavous, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Greavous

Greavous Junior Member

I have finished the interior and exterior of my rolled edge bayboat and need to install my new drain tubes. Seems one can't walk into a marine supply store without tripping over drain tubes but nobody has the flairing tool.

Has anybody seen a tool on the web? If I had a picture of one I think I can whip up a shop-made model.

Thanks

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It looks like a pipe flaring tool. There are two anvils, one flat and one with the flaring end, connected with a long bolt. Cut the tube about 1/2" longer than the hole, goop it with 5200, and tighten it with the flare tool.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I checked the catalog. We sell the tool for $46.72.

4. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

Gonzo, what catalog are you referring to? I can use one of those tools.

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It is from one of our wholesale suppliers. I don't know if there are any retail catalogs with it. We can ship anywhere though. Call 888-478-9664 to order.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.