riva series

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by thymen, Apr 21, 2010.

1. thymen

thymen New Member

hello ik Thymen and im new at this forum
    i have a dream....
    i want to build a whole serie of riva boats i have some drawings but not in autocad with sizes if sombody have some autocad files everything is good from aquarama to aquariva enzz
    greets Thymen
    (from holland)

2. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

as in full size real boats?

2 issues

1. The crappy riva plans you can find on CDs or other digital formats are not that accurate - maybe fine for scale models. The sellers do not have rights to reproduce or sell those plans either.

2. You cannot commercially (as in make a series) just take somebody else's design and start manufacturing them. It is considered stealing.

3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

Does Riva make FG boats? The older Riva boats were built from wood that came from Riva owned forests, sawn in a Riva mill and dried for a long time before being cut to become a part of a Riva boat. I could be wrong about all of this but thats what I remember. Can anyone confirm this? If so it would seem to me it would take a long time to build a Riva boat. And if they make FG boats the materials must be as exotic as the wood. That makes me wonder what they may be ..if they make plastic boats. Plastic Riva boats .. thats hard to imagine.

Easy Rider

4. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

5. thymen

thymen New Member

i have some plans i thing about thirty plans but they are not the perfect plans to work with i want to make a serie from the riva boats in model size 1/10 with working engine those plans of a cd/acad thats just a sort off scam
    i`m looking for plans with the good ribb construction
    greets Thymen

6. rambat

rambat Member at large

7. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.