12-13' Design similar to the Truc 12

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by smilicus, Jul 1, 2013.

1. smilicus

smilicus Junior Member

I have admired the Truc 12 design for some time now. Nice lines, open transom and all I would want in a new design. The only problem is being in South Africa, these boats aren't available and to import will cost more than an arm and a leg.

[​IMG]

Do any of you know if there is current design similar to this for home construction (stitch&glue or strip plank or combination)?

I really like the simplicity and style of the design and boat. Maybe if I can't find one I would need to get to the drawing board and work on something similar in the the 13' range (12' a bit small for 2 people) (amateur designer)

Take care

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

You might take a look at something like Paper Tiger which was designed by one of your contrymen, Dudley Dix I think is his name. The PT is a very quick little boat that can be home built by persons with reasonable skill sets.

Google Paper Tiger. There was once a video of the boat in action. As I recall it has the option of more than one rig.

A 12 footer is getting a bit small for two up performance. It can be done, but it is much easier for a somewhat larger boat to deliver impressive results. I think that the maniacal Aussies have a wicked fast little boat that they call "Twelves".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.