Looking for Tender design ideas

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by SHoggard, Apr 27, 2016.

1. SHoggard

SHoggard Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for ideas/plans for a classic-style 'Tender' dingy/launch for my 31 meter schooner.

Mainly she'll be used to ferry people back and forth and as emergency lifeboat - so probably in the 15-16 ft (5 meter) range

There are plenty of free plans out there - but I'm looking for something that will have an outboard for run-about use... BUT also have the ability to easily erect a mast/sail for those more leisurely moments - so some sort of removable keel is probably essential.

Any thoughts, ideas ?

My main project is at: www.facebook.com/RajaNagaLaut.Cruises

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

There are lots of planing sailing skiffs that will take a 5 - 10 HP outboard and scoot up to the very low double digit speeds, while still retaining their sailing/rowing qualities. If you want to go faster, you'll need a powerboat hull, which will destroy it's sailing qualities.

[​IMG]

This is Mandy/Amanda, from B&B yachts. It'll power up, but another version of this called the Jessy 12 has a reconfigured bottom, so she can power up much better (25 MPH with a 9.9 HP).