Volvo race no picture

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Manie B, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

2. yipster

yipster designer

nice short clips give no problem here

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

The VOR site's movie player is Flash-based and a lot of the content is in WMV format.

It is a rather poorly coded player, and will occasionally lock up a web browser for no apparent reason.

The presence of sound, but no video, could indicate that you don't have up-to-date codecs for the WMV version they are using. Microsoft has some of theirs available for manual installation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/format/codecdownload.aspx
    Or, for techie nerds, a codec pack like K-Lite ( http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm ) might do the trick.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Seems to work OK on my Linux Mint OS & Firefox, but I feel the issue may be due to bandwidth, as I was about to give up but saw modem was indicating intermittent activity - Manie, try again outside European peak use times???

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

What i am hoping is that somebody somewhere knows somebody at Volvo and passes this message along and tries to rectify the situation

we go thru 6 gigs a month on our ADSL - anything and everything

Youtube
    Dailymotion
    Limewire
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Xvideos
    and much much more

so when i see these kind of excuses i already know the designer knows he has some something wrong somewhere

i shouldn't have to do ANYTHING period
    it should be click and go finished

so thumbs down to performgroup.com
    you haven't got it right for anywhere anytime

boooooo

Attached Files:

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Manie, download Mozilla Firefox and piss off IE, or, better still Download Linux Mint 7 Gloria from here http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php and burn it into an "iso" bootable CD and piss of bill gates altogether.... as I have done - Don't forget to backup ALL your data and be prepared for a steep learning curve....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.