Suggested reading..?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by klxrelic, Jul 3, 2015.

1. klxrelic

klxrelic New Member

Good day all.

Been contemplating getting a fibreglass hull and engine. Interested in building the house and everything myself. Can anyone suggest reading material to help guide me in the process of adding house and other stuff to a fibreglass hull. I am real good at mechanical and woodworking. Thanks.

2. FMS

FMS Senior Member

3. klxrelic

klxrelic New Member

Thanks for that. Is there anything else say in paper back that would go further into detail?

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

There are dozens of texts on the various subjects. Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction (> http://www.westsystem.com/ss/assets/HowTo-Publications/GougeonBook 061205.pdf <) is an industry standard, but there are many others.

It would be helpful if you narrowed down your parameters a bit. Will the structure be sheathed wood, composite, foam sandwich, etc. Further, personal preferences about different building methods, skill sets, tools available, familiarity with techniques, etc.

5. klxrelic

klxrelic New Member

Many thanks for that link. Looks very helpful.

Hull would most likely be solid glass with no core. Am thinking of adding house myself. Main concern was attaching structure to hull and techniques to do so

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.