Bucket Controls? Help!

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by jacbee007, Jun 15, 2008.

1. jacbee007

jacbee007 New Member

HI , CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH ANY INFO ON MY EX ARMY JET DRIVE BOAT? THE BOAT LOOKS VERY SIMULAR TO A U.S BRIDGE ERECTING BOAT BUT HAS A GRP HULL,I THINK THE ENGINES ARE 212HP FORD SABRE TURBO DRIVING TWO DOWTY MK1 JETDRIVE UNITS WITH 4 RUDDERS BEYOND (DONT KNOW IF IT IS A ONE OFF PROTOTYPE OR IN REGULAR USE?) ANYWAY THE BOAT IS COMPLETE MINUS THE CONTROLS FOR THE JETDRIVE BUCKETS. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO BUY OR WHAT TYPE OF LEVER SET-UP IS REQUIRED TO OPEN AND CLOSE JETDRIVE BUCKETS, WOULD A REGULAR MORSE CONTROL BE ANY GOOD AND CAN SOMEBODY ADVISE ON WHETHER THERE IS MUCH STRESS WHEN CLOSING BUCKETS FOR ASTERN PROPULSION(ie, DO YOU HAVE TO WRESTLE LEVER CONTROL OR IS IT A SMOOTH OPERATION?) AND DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE MINIMUM REVS WHEN OPENING OR CLOSING BUCKETS?................I REALLY WOULD APPRICIATE SOME KNOWLEDGABLE ADVICE, CHEERS.

2. flydeep

flydeep Junior Member

3. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Look at a Morse catalog, cp-performance.com or american-turbine.com.
    You need a special special control unit for jets and a heavy duty cable.
    Shifting requires a lot of force when the rpm is high, less at idle, but you can do as you like: the bucket is strong enough.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.