Buccaneer 24 Builders Forum

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Jul 22, 2009.

1. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Tut ! Tut ! John.
    Nobody is going to waste good Beer. :eek:

2. John Jolly

John Jolly Senior Member

Bruce where's your crew........ 'only joking' drinkers.jpg

drunk-man.jpg

drunk-peasants.jpg

drunk-man-in-funny-position.jpg

3. John Jolly

John Jolly Senior Member

The last post was in reply to 'Nobody is going to waste good beer' I did not even look at the sender - sorry Bruce - it was meant in good humour - please accept my appologies.

4. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Partys?

I guess the English sailors just can't hold their beer:) John, we do have some waves on the lake, and they will get you wet on the low side, but I often carry gear on the tramps. I tie, clip or bungy everything, use soft beach cat coolers, kayak waterproof bags for dry storage and I sometimes go out over-nighting with a couple of 14' sea kayaks strapped on the floats. I also carry boat hooks, paddles and sometimes my anchor and extra lines. The Buc is a small boat, and I don't have a cabin so I make use of all the space. In reasonable weather, it carries equipment on the tramps just fine. B

5. diegokid

diegokid Junior Member

Diego Garcia

All those beer cans look like some of our old Diego trips. Woke up a few times with the waves lapping me in the face.:p

6. Renny_D

Renny_D New Member

Done lurking :)

Hi I've read this whole thread - looking at building a tri. I've previously owned a brown offsoundings 38 - supposedly the first big boat he designed after he left Piver's tutelage. It looked it to, had the brown hulls without the centerboard but a piveresc house and rig. Thing didn't tack worth a damn until I added daggerboards to the amas. For a long time after owning that boat and sailing hobbies I really believed the myth that multi's don't tack well. Then i crewed in San Francisco bay for a season on a Dragonfly 28 and that totally disproved that theory. Best part was giving a mile a minute to Farrier F28s. Was wondering if a similar folding system could be had for the adapted to the Bucs as it sure made for easier trailering and berthing and the sides of the amas didn't get all gunked up if left in the water ( bottom paint actually works on those boats.

Anyway thanks for the info so far.

Renny

7. kaamaman

kaamaman Junior Member

8. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Wow. Thats a gift at that price. That boat was a "one off" design by Lock for a professional builder, and is, in practice, a stretched B24.

9. Waterat

Waterat Junior Member

Hells Bells, Just my luck to be on the wrong side of the Pond.:mad:

A Very Happy and Fruitful Year to All and may your sea-time be all you
    you want it to be, :p Best Regards, Johnny.

10. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Thanks Johnny---and all the best to you too. :D
    I hope it's not raining too much there in Ireland.
    When I was there I was amazed how lovely and green the place was, until I realised that it was because it rained every day. :eek:

11. diegokid

diegokid Junior Member

Ca

Kinda like CA. Was stationed at Travis AFB, during the summer everything was brown and dead. When rainy season started it was green everywhere.

12. John Jolly

John Jolly Senior Member

Everything is becoming more expensive here in the UK.

Ive just bought West System 105 Epoxy Resin 6kg c/w 206 hardner - Pump Set - Small pack 404 Filler 205grm
    Total price £128.36

How does this price compare with America/Australia.

13. John Jolly

John Jolly Senior Member

Diegokid, if you have not looked at this website its worth a peep - its not about building Trimarans, its just about 'building boats from home' the guy dosn't mince words but gives quite a bit of free usefull information on building his boats- anyhow, I found it interesting - Spira International,Inc.

14. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Thanks John for direction to that site.
    It certainly should give inspiration to any prospective boatbuilder who was a bit unsure of his capability to homebuild a boat.
    Thats how I started. I built my very first boat, (a pram dinghy)-- in my living room during the Canadian winter of 1957-58.

15. diegokid

diegokid Junior Member

Canada

What part of Canada? I was stationed at Grand Forks AFB in ND in the early eighties. We used to drive to Winnipeg because the exchange reat was so good. What we found interesting was the way the stores were all connected so you wouldn't have to go outside in the sub zero weather.

Besides they had really good beer too!:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.